Sunday, November 29, 2009

Semi-permanent dyes and blue streaks?

Ok so I have light brown, layered, fine hair, and I want to do a few blue (maybe purple) streaks on the bottom layer. I know most of these kinds of dye are semi-permanent, and will eventually fade out. I want the color to last maybe a month, but my question is when it does fade out will my hair ever go back to its natural color? And what would be the best product to use?



Oh, and I probably wouldent have to bleach my hair, color generally shows up well ( I've done the kool-aid thing before).



Thanks!



Semi-permanent dyes and blue streaks?

i have very dark brown hair... i bleached it all platinum blonde and then dyed red... it messes up and went greyish.... the i dyed it with manic panic blue... it comes out GORGOUS!!!! i had it for abt 4/5 months now.... and it's getting more purpley... it's still gorgeous!!! i heard that it would go green after 2 months but instead its turning purple and im not complaining!!! i wash my hair every 2 days aswell... shampoo and condition with tres emme.... i would recommend blue to ANYONE!!!



Semi-permanent dyes and blue streaks?

go to www.manicpanic.com. trust me, i dye my hair all the time and this is the site i go to. it will answer all your questions.



Semi-permanent dyes and blue streaks?

I have put the semi-permanent blue in my brother in laws hair for school spirit stuff. It will last for a while, but the more you wash your hair, the sooner it will come out. His hair is a very nice strawberry blonde and when it washed out his hair was his natural color again. Good luck! Hope this helped.



Semi-permanent dyes and blue streaks?

Lucky you that you don't have to use bleach! Semi permanent hair color might not last that long if you wash your hair everyday. I'm assuming you do so here's my tip. My friend swears by conditioner, he dyes his hair blue all the time and he says that if you skip the shampoo and just use conditioner in the shower, it makes the color last long. My cousins and I dye our hair a different color every few weeks,purple, pink and blue, and different combinations of the three, we use manic panic dye which I love, but I noticed that the hair fades way faster when you use shampoo, even the kind for color treated hair. We tried that one and our hair faded in 3 days. the other problem with semi permanent dye is that in never completely fades so your hair won't go back to your natural color. it's pretty irritating. I have an example for this too- One of my cousins wanted to go back to her naturally dark brown color and I couldn't get the faded blue out of her hair so we had to bleach it and dye it brown ourselves and even after that you can still see a blue tint. And last year I had that spikers gel color stuff and i put a pink streak in my friend's hair and it didn't come out and that was just the colored hair gel! so be careful when dealing with hair dye semi or permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto protect