Sunday, November 29, 2009

Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

My mom says I can't dye my hair because of the harsh chemicals, and she's very 'wary'. If there anyway I could dye it safely? I heard that food colouring might work, but I'm not sure.



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

i'd suggest looking into manic panic.



alternatively, you could try koolaid - it's subtle, but does work temporarily.



or check out your local health food store for all natural hair dye.



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

eww why the heck would u wanna dye it blue or purple. that's nasty.閳俱儮娅忛埦?br>Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?



Stay away from the food coloring, unless you want to turn your skin blue or purple. Go to a specialty shop that sells hair products, such as Sally Beauty Supply, and buy a wash out color. Those have less harsh chemicals, and usually wash out in 7-10 days. So you can do it over and over again!



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

if you have light blonde hair, just go buy some manic panic and dye it, their dye doesnt really damage your hair, it does, but not badly at all.



if you have darker hair, you would have to bleach it first, which is very damaging, my hair is pink right now, and its actually not that damaged.



just remember after you bleach/dye it to leave conditioner in for a while to help it.



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

the food coloring or peroxide doesn't really work, but it's always worth a try. Like 5 years ago I was always dying my hair, I had pink tips for awhile. You have to bleach it first then dye it other wise it doesn't come out too strong in less you have very very light hair(I am a dirty blonde) if your doing just your tips it wont kill your hair, just make sure you condition.



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

I've heard of people using Kool-Aid but I'm not sure of how well it stayed in. My best advise would be to buy a temporary hair dye. That way color is only being added not stripped out. Hair dye can cause damage to your hair if you are stripping color out but if your just adding a color gloss it won't do damage. I would try going to a Sally Beauty Supply, they have color glosses, which are temporary but last quite a long time. They also will NOT damage your hair at all and actually make your hair shinyer and softer. Good Luck!!



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

It depends on how light you hair is, but you could use food colouring, although it may run out if you get your hair wet.



I don't think you will be at such a high risk if you dye the ends of your hair as it won't be touching your scalp, which is very sensitive. It's always best to do a skin sensitivity test to see how you react, and they tell you how to do one on the packet of dye, on a bit of your arm. Semi-permanent dyes are usually fairly harmless though.



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

Look up a few of the henna based products and you should find a few that will have no "damaging" affects to your hair. However, if you color your hair without your Mom's permission it may have damaging affects to your "behind". Show your Mom those products and see what she says. Your Mom will know whats is best so follow her advice.



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

it will probaly damage ur hair a little bit but u just have to look at all the optins i wan a dip dye effect or just highlights of bold red in my dark brown hair.



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

WELL YOU CAN GO TO A HAIR SALON.



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

yeah you can get a pack of Kool Aid mix and die your hair with it



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

-To my knowledge (and I'm a fully qualified a hairdresser) there is no dangerous way to color your hair, assuming you are not allergic to haircolor. Regular old haircolor can be left on almost indefinitely...it loses its efficacy in about a half hour. Food color will rinse out of your hair with water and probably won't even color your hair unless it's blonde to begin with. So, that leaves spray in color. Sally's Beauty supply has the stuff, it's like hairspray and will flake off to some degree, shampoo out, and is actually loads of fun to play around with.



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

You could try to find a natural hair dye, but the one that always looks better special effects or manic panic but also if you are only doing the tips the dyes wont touch your scalp. My hair has been purple pink black brown red and bleach blonde. My hair is still fine so if you condition and take care of it you will be fine.



Is there a safe way to dye the ends of my hair blue or purple?

You can dye your hair with kool-aid and food coloring, though you don't get the intense blue or purple that you would from a chemical based hair dye, But it all depends on your natural color. If you have blond hair then dying it blue or purple will work just fine and you can go ahead and dye it with either food coloring or chemical dyes. But if you have dark red, or brown to black hair you will have to bleach it with hair bleach. Hair bleach can be harmful if it gets onto your skin or scalp, so since you are only doing the ends of your hair you should be alright as long as you do it in a well ventalated area or even outside, because after the processing time you will wash it out of your hair. I like to shampoo three times with a stripping shampoo just to make sure the bleach is all out of my hair, you don't want to shampoo with any conditioning shampoos after bleaching if you want to dye your hair right away.



If you do decide to bleach out your hair use blondisma it dosen't turn your hair shag carpet oronge. But make sure to follow the recomended processing time for your natural color to prevent as much damage to your hair as possible. Also if you can find it use "Punky Color" or "Special Effects" They have the brigtest colors that last the longest. But be careful because they can stain the bottom of the bathtub, so its kind of a hassle to have to scrub it out everytime you have a shower.



I have never used manic panic so I would'nt know if they stain the bath tub or not, but I have heard that the color only lasts half as long as Punky and Special Effects, and comes out of your hair very easily.



I am also not sure if food coloring will stain the bathtub and how long it lasts. But if you decide to dye your hair with food coloring leave it in your hair for at least two hours, that way you will get a brigter color that may last longer.



But be careful with blue, from my expiriences with dying with blue is one of the hardest colors an often dosent turn out how you want it to. If you bleach out your hair first, your hair has to be white all over or you will get a blochy half green and half blue color because the blue will mix with the blond yellow patches in your hair.



Purple will be easyer because of the red in color wont cross with the blond color as much and even though it may still turn out patchy in places it will blend in a bit better.



Also if your mom is affraid of you staining the bathroom while you are dying your hair, you can try doing in outside if possible.



Anyways I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto protect